Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Again...

After a whirlwind week with very limited internet access on Cape Cod and at Brimfields, I am back...

For those who have never been to Brimfields, it is a must-see for every vintage hunter. The town of Brimfields swells from 3000 people in the off-season to nearly 30,000 people during the three times a year show. I was initially overwhelmed by the acres of vintage and antique treasures. It's impossible to see a fraction of the show in one day, or even two.

The show is divided up among several fields, with different markets opening on alternating days. Each market offers a slightly different feel with some focusing more on antique furniture and architectural salvage, while others offer industrial tables and lamps and mid-century finds. A few feel like a never-ending flea market of small treasures. My favorites of this show included Heart-O-the-Mart, The Meadows and Mays. 


A very cold, soggy start to the show, did not deter any of the buyers, flying in from up and down the East Coast. Stylists, interior designers, antique dealers and part-time vintage hunters all come for the great finds at the show...
Wearing my oldest high school sweatshirt and sneakers (to keep warm), I scoured rows and rows of glassware, picking up several sets of vintage champagne and wine glasses along the way. I also found several cool signs, industrial bins, old wire lockers and mirrors... 

Here are a few things I would have liked to have taken with me, if only I had more room...


More thoughts and pictures from the show coming this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...