Friday, July 8, 2011

I DECLARE WAR!

Living in the West Village, surrounded by restaurants, stores and people is great. Unfortunately living above a diner has brought some uninvited "house guests" who dig in my trash and binge on my favorite box of crackers.

This weekend, I've decided to declare war on my visitors. I have a hard time killing a spider, let alone a mouse, so I purchased some humane mouse traps off the Internet. These mouse houses trap the mice and allow me to catch and release them down by the Hudson (where hopefully they won't find their way back).


I bought two different kinds to test out. The Smart Mouse Trap ($13.49 each) has trap doors and levers to catch, but not touch the mouse at all, while the Mice Cube's simple design and cheap price ($9.99 for 4) seems like it might work too. Both companies recommend using peanut butter and a cracker to lure the mice. Who knew that the mice and I have similar tastes?

Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it all goes on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...