Thursday, December 16, 2010

{TAKING IT ONLINE }

Casa Sugar is currently polling their readers asking about their favorite online design magazines. There have been so many that have launched in the past year that it's hard to keep up. Here are my thoughts on the Casa Sugar's top six (and a bonus)...

Rue Magazine
Now on their second issue, Rue Magazine has already become one of my favorites. I love their clean, airy photography and fantastic layouts. Definitely a place to spot inspiration for my apartment.
 Images courtesy of Rue Magazine
Ivy & Piper
A newbie in the online design magazine world, Ivy & Piper has already started to make a name for themselves. Based out of Australia, I hope they continue to feature and showcase international designers.

Images courtesy of Ivy & Piper

Lonny Magazine
My go-to since Domino shuttered it's doors. Rather than just a duplication, Lonny brings a fresh take on interiors and has featured fantastic interviews and home tours with designers like Miles Redd, Eddie Ross and Lulu deKwiatkowski.  Love it!
Images courtesy of Lonny Magazine

Nesting Newbies
In truth I don't know a lot about this online magazine, but checking in checking it out for this post, I already love the range of articles in each issue from entertaining and decorating to recipes and crafts. 
Images courtesy of Nesting Newbies

Sweet Paul Derived from the "wildly successful" blog, Sweet Paul, Sweet Paul Magazine is chock full of delicious and beautifully shot food, recipes and crafts. To me it feels like a modernized version of Martha Stewart. I would love to see this online magazine continue on.
Images courtesy of Sweet Paul

Pure Green An online design magazine dedicated to sustainable style. The photos are beautifully shot and I can't get enough of the vintage and industrial chic style thrown in too!
Images courtesy of Pure Green

Matchbook Magazine  While still in the process of launching, I'm already excited about the arrival of Matchbook: Field Guide to a Charmed Life, arriving in January 2011. If the photos I've seen and the pedigree of co-founders: Katie Armour of The Neo-Traditionalist and Jane Lilly Warren of Lox Papers
are any indication of what's to come, it's definitely going to be one to watch.
Images courtesy of Matchbook Magazine

Any new online mags that you love?

2 comments:

  1. So touched to see Matchbook included! You are an absolute doll! We can't wait to share our premier issue in January -- stay tuned ; )

    xx Katie

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...