Monday, August 15, 2011

FINDING VINTAGE...

This weekend, I roamed around checking out some of the coolest little fabric stores in Park Slope, Carroll Gardens and Red Hook looking for some vintage fabric for a project. My favorite find of the day was from the adorable Brooklyn General Store, where they stock an ever-changing selection of vintage fabrics from the owner's private stash.

After many hours searching, I found some great fabric, but came up mostly empty handed on the vintage front. Yesterday's rainy day seemed like the perfect time to scour eBay and Etsy. Here are some of my favs...

Loved the colors and abstract print of this tablecloth...

Swiss Dot fabric, popular in the 1950s is always one of my favorites


Love this abstract chevron...

I think "groovy" might be the right term for this fabric. Love the details...

Big, bold and graphic fits the bill...


Straight from the Netherlands, bright, bold and mod

 

Do you have a go-to for vintage fabrics? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...