Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vintage Trends...

I'm back after a long weekend in San Francisco with lots of stories to share!

At an ungodly hour on Sunday morning, I headed across the Bay Bridge to Alameda Antiques by the Bay. As I wandered through the show, I noticed several trends among the thousands of vintage items at the show. (I've also seen reproductions popping up in Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware). Here are a few of my favorites... 

Although not a new trend, vintage suitcases in every style and color are great for using as make-shift side tables or nightstands. Also perfect for a weekend getaway... 

Glass and crystal decanters- Call it Mad Men chic, but these were everywhere....

Vintage Electric Fans- These come in a variety of pastel colors, gray and black and tend to be in great working condition... 

Vintage Silverplate Champagne Buckets- Perfect for fresh cut flowers (peonies are in season),  organizing, or for chilling wine or champagne... 
 
 Vintage Frameless Mirrors- Perfect for small spaces (bathroom, vanity, hallway, etc)

Vintage Street Signs- These were everywhere. I expect to see these popping up in vintage stores in the coming months...

(Photos (top down) courtesy of: Octavia & Brown, Westervin, Vintage Goodness, mmonroe design, Junkyard Garden)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...