Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello Charlottesville...

This past weekend, my friend Tara, behind the fabulous Prippy Handbook and I met in DC and headed down to Charlottesville, Virginia for a girl's weekend filled with golf and R&R.

My friend booked the "Stay and Play" package at the gorgeous Boar's Head Inn. With three outdoor pools, a spa and attached golf course, this was pure heaven.


After golfing in the 100 degree heat on Sat, we rewarded ourselves with some live music at Millers in Charlottesville. A perfect locals hangout where Dave Matthews used to play back in the day.


Sunday, we slowly wound our way back to DC along route 29, making some pit stops at at some amazing antique stores.  If there is an epicenter for antiques, I think this is it! These are real dig and reward type of places. A word of advice if you head down there, remember to bring cash or checks, as a lot of these stores don't accept credit cards.


Both Tara and I picked up some amazing vintage finds along the way. I just got a new camera last night and will be posting sneak peeks soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...