Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Perfect Oversized Flower...

The other night over dinner, my friends and I were discussing how to grow hydrangeas. A random topic for a table full of city girls, but everyone seemed to have something to contribute about how much light hydrangeas need, or how to get hydrangeas to turn a deep blue color.


Growing up, my grandfather had a huge hydrangea bush by the side of the house. He didn't water it, or really do anything to it, but every year it produced the most fabulous bright blue hydrangeas.The key he said was to put a couple of nails in the soil. I'm not sure if this theory is actually true, but it seemed to work. Regardless, I love the oversized blooms in the summer...

 
 
(Photos courtesy of  Narou0720 on Flickr and Sido on Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...