Thursday, October 6, 2011

FALL VINTAGE PICKS

For the next few days, I'm up in Cape Cod closing down our house for the season. With cooler temperatures during the day and a yard full of leaves to rake (and jump in), I'm quickly getting into my favorite season of the year. This definitely carries over to my vintage hunting, where more than a few fall-inspired few items have caught my eye.

While I'm here, I plan to check out some of the fantastic thrift stores and estate sales on the Cape. Here are a few must-have vintage items on my list for Fall.


Leather: Cases, luggage, boxes you name it. There's something about Fall that makes me what to fill the shop with worn-in leather.  (This is a vintage collar box by the way, how cool)

Brass: Candle stick holders and small figurines have been popular for awhile, but I'm looking for brass compotes to stash jewelry, small paperweights in cool shapes (like insects, sheep and duck heads) and vintage lighters (something my grandfather would have owned). If I find a cool brass lamp, it's mine!


(image via katyelliott)
Plaid Blankets: Vintage wools, tartans, plaids, Pendleton and Woolrich in traditional patterns and colors (navy, black, red, etc).

Picnic baskets and leather camp chairs: Anything to take for a last minute tailgate or Fall picnic in the park. 

Milk Glass compotes, cake stands, etc. The milky white color is a perfect compliment to bright pumpkins and squash.

What are you looking for this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...