Thursday, February 17, 2011

PRINTING SUSHI?


Okay I am definitely geeking out this week, bear with me. But I had to share this video I watched last night in my design class. See the video above as Swedish design firm, Front uses stereolithography (3D printing) to make real full sized chairs from scratch! It's not a new technology, but the new directions sound fascinating. Can you imagine eating at a restaurant where your food is printed layer by layer? Check out this article on a chef in Chicago who's printing his own sushi.

Also, I learned about the world's most famous chair. You'd think it something of the Eames variety, or something beautifully recreated at Design Within Reach, but instead, it's  an everyday common patio chair, called the Monobloc chair, sold all over the world. Huh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...