Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Men's Shirting Repurposed

When shopping for new fabric for my apt, more often than not I am drawn to clothing fabric over traditional upholstery fabrics. While not as durable, the selection of printed cottons, denims and gorgeous jersey prints is usually too much to pass by. This weekend, I rekindled my love for men's shirting.
 (J. Crew Men's Shirt)
(Image: Katyelliott.com)
For awhile,  I have wanted to deck out my living room in men's shirting fabric. I love mixing pattern on pattern. I can imagine a collection of pillows with plaids, checks, solids and stripes in gorgeous fall tones sitting together. I could also imagine cutting a bunch of squares and covering a vintage slipper chair in a fabulous patchwork.
 (Image: The Trad)

Here are a few fabrics that I picked up this weekend...
Might have to go back for some great fall hues in purple, red and brown.

What type of fabric do you love?

3 comments:

  1. I do all my pattern choosing, laying out, and cutting while my kids play around me, but I'm also very fortunate to have a studio space.
    online mens clothing stores

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you can work at home on projects and have a great studio space. I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit the dress is so beautiful and the loafers...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...