Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Appreciating White Walls...

After living in a series of apartments in San Francisco where I couldn't paint, I declared war on bare white walls. I vowed that my next apartment would be bathed in color.

When I moved to New York, the lease on my new apartment was barely signed and I was on my way to Home Depot to get painting supplies. Believe me, I wouldn't trade the gorgeous Farrow & Ball Drawing Room Blue in my kitchen for anything, but after living with color for a year, I now starting to realize the importance of a crisp, white wall. White walls make a room feel airy, spacious and allow bright accessories like these vintage Catherineholm bowls and plates to really pop.

Do you prefer to paint your walls, or leave them a crisp, airy white?

(Photos courtesy of Apartment Therapy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...