Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August Resolutions...

Most people do their New Year's Resolutions in January (makes sense), but I've found I tend to start making changes in August. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that more than half of the year is over, a lingering back to school mentality, or maybe because my birthday falls in July? Who knows...

Last year, I moved from San Francisco to New York. This year, the changes are a little less drastic, but more about clearing out clutter. The first area I am tackling is my office.

The first change I'd like to make is my desk. While my Ikea desk (pictured above) gives me height and hides clutter, the cheap particle board is not sturdy or inviting. I love Parsons desks for their versatility and West Elm’s glossy version seems to fit the bill.
I have already have great Warhol-like painting I'd like to hang above this sleek desk. 

And a great lucite chair that I got a Design Within Reach Sample Sale...
Add a few vintage accessories and I think I'll have a much more sleek, creative space to work. Stay tuned for before and after pictures...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    I find when I start on one area to organize it is like the domino effect and other areas start falling into it's gravity.

    But, like you said the office desk is your starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! As I look around my office and pour over inspiration, it's definitely got me thinking about what to change in the rest of my apartment.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...